Committed to Care
Our dedicated physicians and staff are committed to providing the highest quality care possible. It’s our mission. It’s our passion. From our state-of-the-art facility, we provide leading technologies and medical advances in surgical procedures. More than that, we deliver care in a compassionate, courteous, and efficient environment, designed specifically for your comfort.
Preparing for Surgery
- A nurse from the surgery center will call you prior to surgery to review your medical/surgical history. Please have a list of your medications available during this call.
- The nurse will discuss what medications you should stop taking and/or continue to take. In general, vitamins herbal supplements, fish oil, aspirin, and ibuprofen should be stopped ONE WEEK prior to surgery. If you are taking a prescription blood thinner, please consult with your prescribing physician for instructions.
- Please refrain from smoking, e-cigarettes, and tobacco use for TWO WEEKS BEFOREHAND TWO WEEKS AFTER surgery. Nicotine and other tobacco products delay healing and can result in scarring.
- The day before surgery, you will receive a call from the surgery center confirming your arrival time and specific instructions for eating/drinking.
Day of Surgery
- Please follow specific eating/drinking guidelines provided to you by the surgery center during your confirmation call. Solid foods up to 8hrs before arrival time. Clear liquids up to 2hrs before arrival time.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment. Avoid clothing you must pull over your head.
- Leave all jewelry, valuables, and other belongings at home, except for an ID, insurance card, and form of payment
- Do not wear eye contacts on the day of surgery; if you wear glasses or dentures, please bring a case.
- Do not wear any perfumes, lotions, makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled surgery appointment.
No Surprises Act
Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) Good Faith Estimates and Patient-Provider Dispute Resolution Requirements
Hear What Our Patients Have To Say...
I would’ve done this sooner if I had known it was so pain free and easy. By far the most comfortable and smooth experience I’ve ever had with a healthcare service provider. Thank you!
My husband and I were impressed with the entire staff. Everyone was caring and respectful...they just had a nice personal touch and it really put us at ease because we knew we were in good hands.
The level of care - before, during and after the procedure - was just phenomenal. You can tell when people are truly passionate about what they do and it makes a big difference. We are so glad we found the Ascentist team!