Dr. Eyen is a board certified Otolaryngologist who has been in private practice at Ascentist Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA since September of 1995. He is on the medical staff at Children’s Mercy Hospitals. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Denver in 1984, and graduated with honors from the University of Colorado Medical School. He then completed his Otolaryngology residency at the University of Colorado in 1993, and finished his Pediatric fellowship at LeBonheur Medical Center in Memphis, Tennessee in 1995.
Dr. Eyen treats children with all kinds of ear, nose and throat problems. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at both the University of Kansas School of Medicine and the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. He has held positions with the Executive Board of Children’s Mercy Hospital.
Dr. Eyen has lived in Kansas City for over 20 years. He and his wife have been busy raising 2 boys and enjoy following the boys' athletic activities and local sports teams. He also enjoys hiking, neighborhood walks, and cycling.
University of Denver, 1984
University of Colorado Medical School
University of Colorado, Otolaryngology, 1994
LeBonheur Medical Center, Pediatric Fellowship, 1995
- Dimethylthiourea-an Oxygen Scavenger Decreases Bleomycin Damage and Release of Neutrophil Chemotaxins from Alveolar Macrophages in vitro (Clinical Research 34:1, 1986)
- Diagnosis of Medullary Carcinoma of Thyroid. (Poster presentation AAOHNS 1989)
- Lemierre’s Syndrome and Other Presentations of Jugular Venous Thrombosis. (Presented to Western Section of Triologic in 1992)
- Neck Masses (Chapter in Surgical Decision Making, Third Edition: Norton, Steele, Eiseman)
Activities & Organizations
- Assistant Clinical Professor-University of Kansas School of Medicine Assistant Clinical Professor-University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Past Executive Board of Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Past Chairman of Children’s Mercy Bylaws committee and current member of risk management committee