Dr. Journot enjoys spending time with her family, who lives in Kansas City, and her dogs. In her spare time, she enjoys weight lifting, playing soccer and playing board games.
Her focus at Ascentist Healthcare is on Sports Medicine and trauma of the foot and ankle
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA, Bachelor of Arts, Biology, 2008- 2012
Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine, Des Moines, IA, 2012 - 2016
Residency: Truman Medical Center, Lakewood, Kansas City, MO, 2016 - 2019
Fellowship: Virginia Mason Medical Center Seattle, WA, 2019 - 2020
- Director of the Board of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
Activities and Organizations
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Associate of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellowship training in sports medicine and trauma of the foot and ankle. Focus on getting athletes back to their athletics as quickly and safely as possible. Worked with Olympic and Professional athletes in Seattle.
- Multiple courses on Total Ankle Replacement surgery
- Advanced Arthroscopy of the Foot and Ankle