Dr. Wongs specializes in infectious diseases and has been practicing in Kansas City since 2015. Prior to moving to KC, she worked as a clinical instructor and hospitalist at the University of Missouri-Columbia. She is board certified in both infectious diseases and internal medicine. Her approach to providing care focuses on patient education and working closely with caregivers and other members of the care team to provide patients with comprehensive infectious disease care. During the early COVID-19 pandemic, Dr.Wongs was instrumental in developing early treatment with convalescent plasma in Kansas City. She was also involved in one of the largest convalescent plasma research studies done on SARS-COV-2.
When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Jeff who is an ophthalmologist in the area. They have 2 young children that keep them busy! They both enjoy tennis, golf, hiking and traveling.
Missouri Western State University
American University of the Caribbean
Indiana University, Internal Medicine
Rush University, Infectious Disease
VOLUNTEER /LEADERSHIP/PUBLISHED WORKS
- Convalescent plasma associates with reduced mortality and improved clinical trajectory in patients hospitalized with COVID-19. J Clin Invest; 2021.
- Conant et al. Role of the infectious disease consultant in management of patients with tuberculosis-associated ocular inflammation. Open forum Infect Dis; 2015.
- Conant et al. Use of posaconazole delayed-release tablets for treatment of invasive aspergillosis. Mycoses; 2015.
- Conant et al. Mandatory infectious diseases approval of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT): clinical and economic outcomes of averted cases. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy; 2014.
- Dalvance registry investigating value and efficacy (DRIVE): Dalvance Utilization Registry. Investigator. 2016-2017.
- Overtreatment of candiduria in an academic medical center. Poster (IDSA) 2013. Rush University. Advisor Laurie Proia MD, 2013.
- Outcomes of prosthetic joint infections (PJI) due to S.aureus. Poster (IDSA) 2013. Rush University. Advisor John Segreti MD, 2013.
- Guatemala 2004
- Trinidad and Tobago 2008
- Research Foundation Candlelight Ball Chair, 2022
- Research Foundation Candlelight Ball Co-chair, 2020
- Tennis and recreation committee, 2021-current
- Rush Infectious Disease Chief Fellow 2013
- Pre-professional club, President. MWSU, 2003-2005