Dr. Misasi is a board certified general surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He attended the University of Kansas - School of Medicine for medical school, and completed surgical residency in Wichita, Kansas. As a general surgeon, he performs a wide-variety of operations with a minimally-invasive approach, including robot-assisted surgery. He has special interest in disorders that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including reflux.
In my free time, I enjoy mountain biking, hunting, golf, billiards, and trying new hobbies. I love restaurants, dogs, vintage/retro music and culture, Formula 1, Chiefs, Royals, and rodeos.
University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita. Department of Surgery
General Surgery Residency
July 2011 – August 31, 2016
University of Kansas - School of Medicine
Doctorate of Medicine
August 2007 – May 2011
Wichita State University
Bachelor of Arts – Chemistry. Cum Laude
January 2004 – December 2006
Wichita State University
Associates of Applied Science – Nationally Registered Paramedic
June 2000 - May 2002
Moore/Norman Technology Center. Norman, Oklahoma
Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
January 1999 – May 1999
Volunteer / Leadership / Published Works
- Special instruction session - Wichita State University Surgical Technician program, January 2022.
- Volunteer teaching faculty - Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, 2016 - 2022.
- Volunteer teaching faculty - University of Kansas School of Medicine, 2016 - 2022.
- American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma - Stop the Bleed program, 2017
- Founder and commander of inaugural honor guard of Sedgwick County EMS, 2005 - 2007.
- Misasi A, Ward JG, Dong F, Ablah E, Maurer C, Haan JM. Prehospital Extrication Techniques: Neurological Outcomes Associated with the Rapid Extrication Method and the Kendrick Extrication Device. Am Surg. 2018 Feb 1;84(2):248-253.
- Adam Misasi, MS4, Chad Maurer, MS4, Elizabeth Ablah, Ph.D., Fanglong Dong, Ph.D., Jeanette Ward, B.A., James M. Haan, M.D. "Comparison of Neurologic Outcomes with the Rapid Extrication Maneuver and Kendrick Extrication Device Following Motor Vehicle Collisions" Podium presentation at the 19th Annual KUSM-W Research Forum, April 19, 2011, Wichita, Kansas.
- Adam Misasi, M.D., EMT-P, Chad Maurer, M.D., Elizabeth Ablah, Ph.D. Jeanette Ward, B.A., Frank Dong, Ph.D., James Haan, M.D. “Pre-hospital extrication techniques – Neurological outcomes of two methods: KED and REM.” Podium presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Kansas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, September 10th, 2011, Overland Park, Kansas.
- Misasi AP, Maurer C, Ablah E, Dong F, Ward JG, Haan JM. "Comparison of neurologic outcomes with the rapid extrication maneuver and Kendrick extrication device following motor vehicle collisions." Presented as a Quick Shot at the 64th Annual Meeting of The Southwestern Surgical Congress, held March 25-28, 2012 at the Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
- Misasi AP, Maurer C, Ablah E, Dong F, Ward JG, Haan JM. "Comparison of neurologic outcomes with the rapid extrication maneuver and Kendrick extrication device following motor vehicle collisions." Podium presentation at the Region VII Resident’s Trauma Research Paper Competition as part of the 34th Annual Advances in Trauma Meeting of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, in Kansas City, Missouri. December 8, 2011.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
October 2021 -- Present
- Counselor to the Kansas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. 3-year elected position.
January 2019 -- Present
- Vice-Chair of Surgery - St. Teresa Hospital, Ascension Via-Christi Health System.
September 2016 -- April 2022
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County – Member.
Spring 2016 - Spring 2022
- George Farha Award for Excellence in Surgery. University of Kansas, School of Medicine. May, 2011.
- Outstanding Field Internship Award. Department of Physician Assistant; Emergency Services Education. Wichita State University. 2002.
- All-American Scholar Award. United States Achievement Academy. 2006.
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Membership. National Leadership & Honors Organization. 2009.
- KU School of Medicine Academic Societies Award for Best Student - Medicine Across the Lifespan module. 2010.